Comprehensive Guide: Top Websites for Jobs Abroad Application and Registration
Top Websites for Jobs Abroad Updated on April 2023
Every Filipino household has at least one family member who works abroad. Your father works outside the country to support your family’s financial needs. Your partner is overseas to save for your future plans. You look at websites for jobs abroad in search of greener pastures. For whatever reason, it may be working abroad is already part of Filipino culture.
Before, the search for jobs abroad for Filipino was very tedious. Your father needs to travel back and forth to Manila to be employed. A lot of paperwork needs to be done by your partner.
But hey! Don’t feel down.
If you really need to leave the country, a better way of working abroad application is developed.
Below are the legitimate and top websites for jobs abroad. It encompasses a comprehensive guide for registration and application.
Table of Contents
- How can I identify illegal recruiters?
- How can I avoid illegal recruiters?
- What are the in-demand jobs abroad?
- What do shortlisted applicants mean?
- Can an OFW travel without an OEC?
POEA Websites for Jobs Abroad
The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) is a government agency that posts job opportunities online.
However, POEA job listings are limited. Jobs posted are only available to a few countries. Some are even outdated and can not be viewed properly.
But still, it’s worth checking from time to time. Usually, the latest and top overseas hirings are seen here.
My friend found work abroad through POEA’s Government Placement Branch. She said it recruits Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) mostly for foreign governments and a few non-government employers.
With this, overseas job application at POEA assures a legitimate, faster, and trustworthy employer. Plus! You can work abroad without a placement fee.
To be employed successfully, you must register first.
Online Registration Guide for POEA
Get a job abroad by registering at the POEA’s e-registration facility.
1. Create an Online Account. Visit this official POEA website.
- If you’re a new applicant, click “Sign Up Here.” If you have an existing, proceed by entering your username and password correctly.
- Fill up the New Account Registration form. Type in the correct details and check again before you click “Submit.”
2. Validate your Online Account. A confirmation link is sent to your provided email for verification.
- Check your email account. Look for the POEA eServices email.
- Activate your user account. Click the link attached to the message.
- Another email is sent about password verification.
- Click the attached link. Also, you may copy and paste the link to your browser.
Important reminder: Always update your password. Create a password that is easy to remember but hard to crack for others. Confirm your new password by clicking “Update Password.”
3. Log in to your account. Once you’re in, update your account online. Make sure you complete all the sections included in your account. These are:
- Job Preference
- Personal Details
- Work Education/Training Certificates
- Language Proficiency
Save all the changes made in every section.
After updating your online account completely, click the “Update and Save Profile” button.
Creating your POEA account is like creating your Facebook account. It’s that easy.
Once you have completed the registration process, apply for work abroad with legitimate companies outside the country.
Steps for POEA Work Abroad Application
Secure a fitting job opportunity by following these steps.
Step 1. Search for job openings available.
Urgent job hiring is posted in different forms. It is now easier for POEA job search by country. Visit the following and look for a fitting job abroad;
- POEA main office, satellite, and regional branches post on the bulletin boards.
- Online posting is found on its official website and official social media pages on Facebook and Twitter.
- Job vacancies are on other online news sites, radio ads, and print ads.
Step 2. Submit your job application.
Here are two ways to send in your application:
- With the online system of POEA jobs works abroad, you can start the application at home. But first, you have to register at the POEA manpower registry system. Whether there is an opening for you or not, finish the registration. Being part of the roster of applicants gives a higher chance of getting employed faster.
- Apply personally is another option. Submit your application form and mandatory documents to the POEA office near you. Send your application personally to the Manpower Registry Division. It is located at the POEA main office along EDSA Ortigas. Wait either at Window S or T to finish your process.
Step 3. Bring your completed requirements.
These sets of documents must be submitted personally.
- Detailed resume with one piece of 2×2 picture
- College diploma
- Transcript of Records
- Valid Philippine Passport
- Valid PRC ID (if applicable)
- Certificate of Employment
- Valid TESDA Certificate (if applicable)
- Valid NBI Clearance (for travel abroad)
- Other required documents
Step 4. Attend briefing.
Attend a pre-documentation briefing. It can be at the Recruitment and Documentation Division (RDD) and Government Placement Branch (GBP), found at the POEA Main Office ground floor.
Step 5. Study Employment Offer.
Read, study, and understand the employment contract. Consider all factors before accepting the job offer.
Step 6. Finish Medical Exam and PDOS.
There are accredited OFW medical clinics and hospitals for your medical examination.
You can proceed to the next step if you’re clear of any health problem. Attend the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS). It is located on the 2nd floor of the POEA Main Office.
Step 7. Complete the OFW Documentation. Submit these requirements at the POEA.
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Duly Executed Employment Contract or Employment Offer
- Philippine Passport (original and photocopy)
- Medical Certificate (original and photocopy)
- Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) Certificate (both original and photocopy)
- NBI Clearance (original and photocopy)
- Duly Accomplished Visa Application Form
- Copy of visa authorization or visa availability
- 3 pieces of passport size picture (colored with white background)
Step 8. Pay the required fees. Once your visa is released, pay for the following:
- POEA Processing Fee – USD 50 (Php equivalent)
- OWWA Membership Contribution – USD 25 (Php equivalent)
- PhilHealth or Medicare – Php 900
- Visa Fee – depends on your country of destination
- Pag-IBIG contribution
Step 9. Get your Exit Clearance.
Your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) is your POEA travel exit clearance. Ensure you attend a pre-flight briefing with flight details and additional information. It is conducted by GBP Account Officer at the Government Placement Branch (Ground Floor)
Also, you have to wait for the release of travel documents such as:
- Philippine Passport
- Original Employment Contract
- Plane ticket
Once you have completed all these steps, then you’re good to go. Continue your professional growth in the country of your destination.
POEA is just one of the top websites for jobs abroad. Always explore your other accessible options available.
One of the leading websites for jobs abroad is WorkAbroad.ph. It posts almost 20,000 overseas job listings from POEA-licensed recruitment agencies.
If you’re looking for work in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates, WorkAbroad.ph is your choice.
Work Abroad website sorts jobs according to categories. It helps overseas job seekers like you to find a matching employer. It is categorized according to the following:
- Latest job hirings
- Work abroad with no placement fee
- Jobs with placement fee via salary deduction
- Jobs for high school graduates
- Sea-based jobs
- POEA agencies
- Jobs with low application
Also, this website gives out tips and guides for aspiring OFWs. In addition, it covers topics such as achieving financial wellness, a successful career abroad, and avoiding illegal recruitment.
Secure a job overseas at WorkAbroad.ph. Set up an account online.
Online Registration for WorkAbroad.oh
With an online account, you can upload your resume, look and apply for websites for jobs abroad, and receive job offers. Also, you can get updates on the latest overseas job opportunities. Be part of the OFW job portal through these steps.
Step 1. Create an online account.
Build your online resume by clicking the WorkAbroad.com Sign Up button.
Step 2. Complete the Applicant Information.
Type in your name, valid email address, and updated contact details. Also, provide the three job positions you wish to apply for.
Step 3. Fill up your Educational Background.
Indicate the name of your school and the year you graduated. These are the highest and second-highest level of education attained.
Step 4. Provide your Work Experience.
Key in your previous company name and work duration. Elaborate on the job description assigned to you.
Step 5. Set your Preferred Job Specializations.
Click two (2) job preferences you’re interested in. Your work availability, work location preferences, and expected monthly salary must be identified.
Once you have completed all the details, click the “Finish” button. Viola! You are done with your online Work Abroad sign-up resume.
If you wish to make any changes to your account, just click “My Account” at WorkAbroad.ph homepage. With this, you are one step ahead of becoming the best breadwinner in your family.
Steps for WorkAbroad.ph Application
A 100% completed account means you can start applying for a job abroad. Get these steps done for your WorkAbroad.ph sign up.
Step 1. Access WorkAbroad.ph website.
Achieve your dream job at the tip of your fingertips. Visit the site and browse for job opportunities. On the homepage, you can start the search for job opportunities available.
Furthermore, you can log in to your account. Click “Log in Here.” Enter your login ID and password correctly before clicking the “Log in” button.
Step 2. Search for your desired position.
There are different ways to look for a job vacancy. A list of your preferred job is already posted for you. Type in your desired position and country, then click the “Search” button.
Read the results and look at what fits you best.
Step 3. Apply for your desired vacancy.
Click the job title you prefer. Make sure you have thoroughly reviewed the job openings.
When you are decided, press the “Click Here to Apply” button.
Step 4. Check if the information is correct.
See to it that your name, contact details, and availability is accurate. Then click the “Apply” button.
You’ll be notified in your WorkAbroad.ph account about your application updates.
But wait! There’s more!
Recently, a WorkAbroad mobile app is developed. Download it on your Android or iOS device.
Applications to websites for jobs abroad are easy. It fits right in your pocket. Check job postings everywhere you go with WorkAbroad.ph apps.
JobStreet.com is not only for local jobs in the Philippines. Also, it is a recruitment website that features work abroad.
As of today, the website offers over 12,000 job listings available outside the country. Take note that it is POEA approved.
Work opportunities presented are usually from the Middle East. It covers a wide range of specializations. If you’re in engineering, construction, finance, services, manufacturing, hotel or restaurant, and healthcare, JobStreet.com is good for you.
The overseas job portal resembles JobStreet’s online local job search facility. Do you know their only difference? Work location.
What are you waiting for? Build your profile at JobStreet.com. You can build the dreamhouse you and your partner wanted for a long time.
Start now by creating your account.
Online Registration for JobStreet.com
Sign up for JobStreet work abroad is free. Make sure you follow and complete these steps.
Step 1. Visit the official JobStreet website.
Make sure you are on a legit page. Click the “Free Sign Up” button.
Step 2. Fill up your personal information.
Accurately type your name, email address, and password. Then, click on “Sign Up.”
Step 3. Enter your basic information.
Make sure you complete all the fields. This part includes your job preferences needed for job matching purposes. After that, click on “Next.”
Step 4. Complete your JobStreet.com profile.
Provide your highest qualification and latest work experience. Click on the “Complete” button once done.
Step 5. Validate your email address.
A validation message is automatically sent to you. Confirm the email address so JobStreet employers who are hiring abroad and employers can reach you.
- Look for an email from email@example.com. Validate your email from JobStreet.com as the subject.
- Click on the validation link provided.
If you can’t find the message, try searching the Bulk, Junk, or Spam folder in your mailbox.
Step 6. Set your job matches.
One way to be notified of the latest job opportunities is through LiNa Job Alert. It is an online job-matching system on JobStreet.com. It refines your profile, creating more chances of being hired.
Follow these to create a LiNa JobStreet Philippines profile.
- Login to your JobStreet.com account
- Click “Home”
- Find “LiNa Job Matches.” Select “Add/Edit Profiles”
- Click on “Create a new job alert”
- Select your job preferences.
Step 7. Create your JobStreet.com Profile.
A detailed profile is key to becoming shortlisted. You have two options to do it.
- JobStreet.com profile. Build your profile in an organized template.
With this, you won’t miss out on any information frequently sought by employers. It provides a good summary view of your profile.
- Uploaded Resume. Your resume is uploaded in a document form.
This gives you control over your resume layout. However, it is recommended that you complete the JobStreet.com Profile first.
There you have it. You now have an account at JobStreet.com. What’s next? Search for your perfect work abroad.
Steps for JobStreet.com Work Abroad Application
Determine your career goals and work scope before you apply. Start your search for work abroad like this.
Step 1. Explore job vacancies.
There are different ways to do this.
- Search Job section. Type in keywords in the search box. Also, you may browse jobs by specializations, position levels, and locations.
- LiNa job matches. LiNa recommends relevant positions for you automatically. Find it on the Homepage of your account. Also, it is emailed on a daily or weekly basis.
- Check out the top employers. Select among these companies that have vacancies available. Apply to a job you’re interested in.
- Save a job for later. Don’t rush when applying. Have time to think about it before you apply. For now, save the job and revisit it later.
Step 2. Proceed to Apply.
Once you have chosen a Position Title, view the job advertisement in a pop-up window. Click the “Apply Now” button.
Take note that your JobStreet overseas Profile and uploaded resume is sent to the employer. You may follow up on your application directly at the employer.
Step 3. Check your Application Status.
Applications can be found on the “Online Application” page. There are different application statuses.
- Received. The employer received your application.
- Profile viewed X time(s) by the employer. The employer viewed your JobStreet.com Profile.
- Scheduled for Interview. The employer scheduled an interview for you.
- Not Suitable. Your application and desired position do not match.
Step 4. Attend Interview Invitations.
The interview scheduler sends an email or SMS. Interview details will appear on your account. Remember the interview date, time, location, and contact information.
Respond to the interview invitation. Click the “Accept Invitation,” “Decline,” or “Time not suitable” button as you see fit.
Applying for work abroad is easy if you organize your online account. And now it opens doors for JobStreet abroad without experience.
Moreover, it is more accessible thanks to the JobStreet.com Mobile App. Download this on your mobile device. Get your job abroad application one tap away.
RELATED ARTICLE: 2019 Guide to Balik Manggagawa (OEC) Online Application For OFW
Recently, a new international job site has been discovered. Last 2015, OFWguru.com serves as another job portal for Overseas Filipino Workers.
Even though it’s still new, OFWguru.com is already recognized as a POEA-licensed recruitment agency.
An OFW can publish its resume for recruiters and employers to view.
Also, OFWguru.com educates job seekers abroad about life outside the country. Learn how to adjust to your new life abroad. Succeed in handling your career and finances.
Moreover, the website highlights real-life stories you can relate to.
Isn’t it nice to have other websites for jobs abroad bulletin?
Online Registration and Application Guide for OFWguru.com Work Abroad
What’s good about OFWguru.com is the easy registration and application process. It only takes three steps to finish your job search.
Step 1. Create an online profile.
You can do it in two easy ways.
- Open the official website. Fill up your name, email address, and password. After that, click “Next.” Provide all the necessary data accurately as needed.
- Connect with your Facebook account. The easiest and fastest way to register. Simply click “Sign Up with Facebook.”
Step 2. Filter the recommended jobs.
Once you’re in the online system, you can easily see the recommended jobs for you. It is all based on the details like skills and experience you supplied.
Also, you can search using the websites for jobs abroad. Choose the country you’re interested in and the job position. It is all posted on the website database.
Step 3. Send in your application.
After reading all the details about the company and requirements, decide whether you’ll apply. Once decided, click the “Apply” button. It will automatically send your application to the recruitment agency.
Always be available. Your future employer may contact you at any time. It can thru call, text, or email. Make sure you send your application to job hunters that fit your qualifications.
See! It only takes three easy steps to get hired. Thanks to this accessible website for jobs abroad. Try it out now.
People say Kalibrr is similar to JobStreet abroad. Wanna know why? Because they are known as a local job search website.
Nevertheless, what people don’t know is it posted job openings abroad. Yes, you read it right.
In addition, Kalibrr is an online recruitment site built by Filipinos for Filipinos to work within or outside the country.
As of now, this website caters to over 1,000 job hirings from Indonesia, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Taiwan.
So if you’re interested in working in those countries, get yourself an account at Kalibrr.
Online Registration for Kalibrr
Sign up at Kalibrr the fastest way. Take note of these steps to access the website for jobs abroad.
Step 1. Create your online profile.
Fill up your personal information, including your name, email address, and password.
Afterward, read the Terms and Conditions. If you agree, tick the box. Then, click the “Sign Up” button.
Step 2. Pick your three job functions.
Choose your job preference based on the options given. Make sure you know how each job works.
For example, you preferred a Writer, Nurse, and Customer Service.
Step 3. Specify your desired position.
For each job function, choose the specific job title you prefer. If you chose a writer function, specify if you want to be a Copywriter.
Butt if you prefer a nurse function, elaborate that you want to be a Hemodialysis Nurse if you have Customer Service on your list, Medical Transcription.
You can type it in the search bar if it is not posted in the options.
Widen your capability by choosing an appropriate position for you.
Step 4. Select Job Level.
Employers would like to know what level you want to be in. It all depends on your credentials and experience.
If your previous work is related to management, you may choose the supervisor level. But if you’re new to the job, choose No Experience or Entry Level.
Step 5. Identify Job Location.
Get hired at your preferred location. Choose the country, state, and city you wish to work. This way, Kalibrr can filter and recommend a job opportunity that fits you.
Steps for Kalibrr Work Abroad Application
Now that you have your identity in Kalibrr, the next step is applying for the job you want.
Step 1. Search for the job openings available.
You can see the vacancies differently.
- Use the search bar. Just type in the position you desire and the country you prefer. A list of jobs available abroad will be shown.
- Sign in on your account. When you check your account, a list of recommended job hiring is posted for you.
Step 2. Select the job.
All your possible jobs in the future are posted. Choose wisely which one you actually think will fit. Read about the company and job description.
If it suits you, click “Apply Now.” Still thinking about it, select “Save” first. You can easily return to it once you checked all other work options.
Step 3. Verify your Details.
Check your resume and contact details uploaded in the system. Make sure that your contact number is updated. Your work experience and education are accurately written. Assess if you have uploaded your latest resume.
Step 4. Confirm your application.
With a thoroughly assessed profile, finish your application. This will notify the company that you’re interested in their job vacancy.
Keep your phone in hand for any possible communication.
No-fuss right? Kalibrr is your website for jobs abroad and locally.
Do you want to become a seafarer?
SeamanJobsite.com is what you need. It makes your sea-based job hunt a lot easier.
SeamanJobsite is specifically designed for aspiring seafarers. It has over 5,000 jobs worldwide. The database offers work from top maritime companies to licensed manning agencies.
Job opportunities are sorted by posting date, manning agency, rank, and jobs with inter-island routes.
SeamanJobsite.com is like WorkAbroad.ph. Their only difference is that SeamanJobsite.com is sea-based while the latter is land-based.
Moreover, the website contains informative content to help seafarers responsibly manage their careers and finances. It is very applicable to every Filipino seafarer.
Are you an aspiring seafarer? You need to register on the site before applying for a maritime job.
Online Registration for SeamanJobsite.com
Unlike land-based jobs, being a seaman has less hassle for registration.
Your uploaded resume is no longer needed. Just focus on completing the online applicant registration form. This is very important because it serves as your online resume.
Once you complete your registration form, you can apply for sea-based jobs on the website.
Steps for SeamanJobsite.com Work Abroad Application
All the job hirings posted on the webpage are legit. It’s all up to you on which company you will apply to.
Step 1. Start your job search.
Hundreds of POEA-licensed manning agencies post urgent and latest job vacancies. Fulfill your ambition by selecting a suitable workplace for you.
Step 2. Attend your job interview.
Dress appropriately in your maritime uniform. Bring your documents and credentials.
Step 3. Undergo required maritime training.
Have the right skill set and knowledge. Accredited training centers provide this. Get your certificate when done.
Step 4. Submit all the documents needed.
Send this set to your manning agency.
- Philippine Passport
- School Credentials
- Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book (SIRB)
- Training Certificate
Step 5. Sign the contract.
Read all the details carefully before signing. Be aware of your rights, obligations, and benefits. Seek clarifications when needed.
Step 6. Complete the Medical Exam.
The seafarer’s medical examinations are very strict and meticulous. Always have a good physical condition. This includes your visual and dental health.
Step 7. Acquire your visa, work permit, and OEC.
Your manning agency will process these essential documents on your behalf. Also, your OWWA membership, PhilHealth, SSS, and Pag-IBIG contributions must be settled.
Step 8. Attend PDOS.
Your Pre-Deployment Orientation Seminar is needed before you join the international crew. Learn about the maritime industry in the country. Also, be knowledgeable of the seafarer’s duties and obligations. Take note of the travel tips.
Step 9. Confirm Airline Bookings and Flight.
Before joining the crew, you must travel to the country where the ship docks. That’s why your manning agency will purchase and book tickets for your destination. It includes your air, bus, and railway tickets.
Step 10. Join the crew.
Start your new job smoothly. Your manning agency will pre-arrange the embarkation process. This assures you that you will go on board.
Be guided accordingly on the process of sea-based jobs application. It all starts with your registration on the SeamanJobsite.com website.
RELATED ARTICLE: Why is Metrobank Home Loan Not for All OFWs Abroad?
Must-Dos When in Search for the Top Websites for Jobs Abroad
It’s not enough that you hear your friends and relatives advice.
You have to see for yourself if the online site is the best of the best.
While searching for a partner company for your work abroad, follow the tips below.
- Read the website completely. The company name and profile must be believable. Look for the office location and contact numbers.
- Check the website design. All links and pages within the site must be available. Legitimate companies pay a huge amount of money for a well-crafted website design.
- Take note of the website’s invitation. Legal websites for jobs abroad ask you to fill up an online resume. Also, you can send your resume through their email.
- Be cautious of the company offers. There are instances of to-good-to-be-true offers. Nevertheless, some companies provide free accommodation and bonuses.
- Use search engines. Lookup for the company’s name, reviews, and related topics. Be equipped with knowledge about them.
- Check the domain name of the website. Website security adds to how legitimate and private your transaction and information will be.
- Report to authorities if needed. If you find any illegal recruitment activities, contact POEA and other law enforcement authorities.
You are seeking the top websites for jobs abroad. Therefore, you must take extra precautions. Avoid illegal recruiters.
Frequent Asked Questions on Websites for Jobs Abroad
Below are the typical queries asked by online overseas applicants. You can check on the following if you have the same questions.
How can I identify illegal recruiters?
Illegal recruiters possess the following characteristics.
- Charges placement fee without an official receipt
- Promises instant jobs abroad
- Requires medical examination and training without a specific employer or contract
- Do meet-ups and transactions in malls or restaurants (not in their physical office)
- Makes house-to-house recruitment
- Does not provide all the employer’s information
- Does not ask the applicant to go to POEA.
- Uses tourist or visit visa instead of working visa
- Can not provide employment contract or working visa
- Recruitment personnel cannot present a company ID
- Asks the applicant to recruit other aspiring applicants
Be mindful of this. Avoid them at all costs.
How can I avoid illegal recruiters?
Now that you’re aware of illegal recruiters, you can avoid them at all costs.
- Do not apply to unlicensed POEA recruitment agencies.
- Do not deal with an unauthorized representative of a licensed agency.
- Deal with licensed agencies that have job orders.
- Do not transact business outside the agency’s registered address.
- Do not pay for a placement fee more than is allowed. Your placement fee should be equivalent to one month’s salary. The documentation and processing costs are not included.
- Pay the placement fee unless you have a valid employment contract and an official receipt.
- Do not be enticed by ads or brochures. Also, you are not required to reply to a Post Office (P.O.) Box. Never enclose payment for processing of papers this way.
- Do not deal with training centers and travel agencies that promise employment overseas.
- Also, do not accept a tourist visa.
- Most importantly, do not deal with fixers.
What are the in-demand jobs abroad?
Wonder what are the sought-after jobs overseas? Here are the top 7 in-demand jobs abroad.
- IT Professionals
- General Work
- Construction or Labour
- Architecture or Interior Design
If you fall into any of these categories, you will most likely get a decent employer.
What do shortlisted applicants mean?
A shortlisted applicant means you have met the skills and capabilities required to do the job. It is based on the job and person specification that has been determined before you apply.
You become shortlisted after your application has been reviewed. This includes your Curriculum Vitae and Biometric data.
Can an OFW travel without an OEC?
Regardless if an OFW is a new hire or rehire, an OEC is required. Take note that all OFWs departing from the Philippines must get an OEC. It serves as your exit clearance. Without it, immigration will not allow you to leave the country.
Moreover, this document exempts you from paying travel tax and terminal fees.
Achieve your dream of working abroad. Look through these websites for jobs abroad and start your application. Remember to register first. Take note of the dos and don’ts tackled. Help your family and loved ones get as you seek a brighter future outside the country.