For every Filipino household, there’s at least one family member who works abroad.
Your father works outside the country to support your family’s financial needs.
Your partner is abroad to save for your future plans.
You choose jobs abroad in search for greener pasture.
For whatever reason, it may be working abroad is already part of the Filipino culture.
Before, the search for jobs abroad is very tedious. Your father needs to travel back and forth to Manila to be employed.
A lot of paperwork needs to be done by your partner.
But hey! Don’t feel down.
If you really need to leave the country, a better way of works abroad application is developed.
Below are the legitimate and top websites for jobs abroad. It encompasses the comprehensive guide for registration and application.
Table of Contents
- How can I identify illegal recruiters?
- How can I avoid illegal recruiters?
- What are the in-demand jobs abroad?
- What do shortlisted applicants mean?
- Can an OFW travel without an OEC?
Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) is a government agency that posts job opportunities online.
However, POEA job listings are limited. Jobs posted are only available to a few countries. Some are even outdated and can not be viewed properly.
But still, it’s worth checking from time to time. Usually, the latest and top overseas hirings are seen here.
My friend found work abroad through POEA’s Government Placement Branch. She said it recruits Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) mostly for foreign governments and a few non-government employers.
With this, overseas job application at POEA assures a legitimate, faster and trustworthy employer. Plus! There’s no need to pay for a placement fee.
To be employed successfully, you must register first.
Online Registration Guide for POEA
Get a job abroad by registering at the POEA’s e-registration facility.
1. Create an Online Account. Visit this page. https://eservices.poea.gov.ph/Home
- If you’re a new applicant, click “Sign Up Here.” If you have an existing, proceed by entering your username and password correctly.
- Fill up the New Account Registration form. Type in the correct details and check again before you click “Submit.”
2. Validate your Online Account. A confirmation link is sent to your provided email for verification.
- Check your email account. Look for POEA eServices email.
- Activate your user account. Click the link attached to the message.
- Another email is sent about password verification.
- Click the attached link. Also, you may copy and paste the link to your browser.
Important reminder: Always update your password. Create a password easy to remember but hard to crack for others. Confirm your new password by clicking “Update Password.”
3. Log-in to your account. Once you’re in, update your account online. Make sure you complete all the sections included in your account. These are:
- Job Preference
- Personal Details
- Work Education/Training Certificates
- Language Proficiency
Save all the changes made in every section.
After updating your online account completely, click the “Update and Save Profile” button.
Creating your POEA account is like creating your Facebook account. It’s that easy.
Once you have completed the registration process, apply to legitimate companies outside the country.
Steps for POEA Work Abroad Application
Secure a fitting job opportunity by following these steps.
Step 1. Search for job openings available.
Urgent job hirings are posted in different forms. Visit the following and look for a fitting job abroad;
- POEA main office, satellite, and regional branches post at the bulletin boards.
- Online posting found its official website (www.poea.gov.ph), official social media pages on Facebook and Twitter.
- Job vacancies advertised on other online news sites, radio ads and print ads.
Step 2. Submit your job application.
Here are two ways to send in your application:
- With the online system of POEA, you can start the application at home. But first, you have to register at the POEA manpower registry system. Whether there is an opening for you or not, finish the registration. Being part of the roster of applicants have a higher chance of getting employed faster.
- Apply personally is another option. Submit your application form and mandatory documents to the POEA office near you. Send your application personally at the Manpower Registry Division. It is located at the POEA main office along EDSA Ortigas. Wait either at Window S or T to finish your process.
Step 3. Bring your completed requirements. These sets of documents must be submitted personally.
- Detailed resume with one piece of 2×2 picture
- College diploma
- Transcript of Records
- Valid PRC ID (if applicable)
- Certificate of Employments
- Valid TESDA Certificate (if applicable)
- Valid Philippine Passport
- Valid NBI Clearance (for travel abroad)
- Other required documents
Step 4. Attend briefing.
Attend a pre-documentation briefing. It can be at the Recruitment and Documentation Division (RDD), and Government Placement Branch (GBP) found at the POEA Main Office ground floor.
Step 5. Study Employment Offer.
Read, study and understand the employment contract. Consider all factors before accepting the job offer.
Step 6. Finish Medical Exam and PDOS.
There are accredited OFW medical clinics and hospitals for your medical examination.
If you’re clear from any health problem, you can proceed to the next step. Attend the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS). It is located on the 2nd floor of the POEA Main Office.
Step 7. Complete the OFW Documentation. Submit these requirements at the POEA.
- Duly accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- Duly Executed Employment Contract or Employment Offer
- Philippine Passport (original and photocopy)
- Medical Certificate (original and photocopy)
- Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) Certificate (both original and photocopy)
- NBI Clearance (original and photocopy)
- Duly Accomplished Visa Application Form
- Copy of visa authorization or visa availability
- 3 pieces of passport size picture (colored with white background)
Step 8. Pay the required fees. Once your visa is released, pay for the following:
- POEA Processing Fee – USD 50 (Php equivalent)
- OWWA Membership Contribution – USD 25 (Php equivalent)
- PhilHealth or Medicare – Php 900
- Visa Fee – depends on your country of destination
- Pag-IBIG contribution
Step 9. Get your Exit Clearance.
Your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) is also your POEA travel exit clearance. Make sure you attend a pre-flight briefing that includes flight details and additional information. It is conducted by GBP Account Officer at the Government Placement Branch (Ground Floor)
Also, you have to wait for the release of travel documents such as:
- Philippine Passport
- Original Employment Contract
- Plane ticket
Once you have completed all these steps, then you’re good to go. Continue your professional growth in the country of your destination.
POEA is just one of the top websites for jobs abroad. Always explore your other accessible options available.
One of the leading websites for jobs abroad is WorkAbroad.ph. It posts almost 20,000 overseas job listings from POEA-licensed recruitment agencies.
If you’re looking for work in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates, WorkAbroad.ph is your choice.
WorkAbroad.ph sort jobs according to categories. It helps overseas job seekers like you to find a matching employer. It is categorized according to:
- Latest job hirings
- Jobs without placement fees
- Jobs with placement fee via salary deduction
- Jobs for high school graduates
- Sea-based jobs
- POEA agencies
- Jobs with low application
Also, this website gives out tips and guides for aspiring OFWs. It also covers topics such as achieving financial wellness, a successful career abroad and avoiding illegal recruitment.
Secure a job overseas at WorkAbroad.ph. Set up an account online.
Online Registration for WorkAbroad.oh
With an online account, you can upload your resume, look and apply for jobs, and receive job offers. Also, you can get updates on the latest overseas job opportunities. Be part of the OFW job portal through these steps.
Step 1. Create an online account.
Build your online resume by clicking the “Sign Up” button.
Step 2. Complete the Applicant Information.
Type in your name, valid email address, and updated contact details. Also, provide the three job positions you wish to apply.
Step 3. Fill up your Educational Background.
Indicate the name of your school and the year you graduated. These are the highest and second-highest level of education attained.
Step 4. Provide your Work Experience.
Key in your previous company name and work duration. Elaborate the job description assigned to you.
Step 5. Set your Preferred Job Specializations.
Click two (2) job preferences you’re interested in. Your work availability, work location preferences and expected monthly salary must be identified.
Once you have completed all the details, click the “Finish” button. Viola! You are done with your online resume.
If you wish to make any changes in your account, just click “My Account” at WorkAbroad.ph homepage. With this, you are one step ahead for becoming the best breadwinner in your family.
Steps for WorkAbroad.ph Application
A 100% completed account means you can start applying for a job abroad. Get these steps done.
Step 1. Access WorkAbroad.ph website.
Achieve your dream job at the tip of your fingertips. Visit the site and browse for job opportunities. On the homepage, you can start the search for job opportunities available.
You can also login to your account. Click “Log in Here.” Enter your login ID and password correctly before clicking the “Log in” button.
Step 2. Search for your desired position.
There are different ways to look for a job vacancy. A list of your preferred job is already posted for you. Type in your desired position and country then click the “Search” button.
Read the results and look at what fits you best.
Step 3. Apply for your desired vacancy.
Click the job title you prefer. Make sure you have thoroughly reviewed the job openings.
When you are decided, press the “Click Here to Apply” button.
Step 4. Check if the information is correct.
See to it that your name, contact details, and availability is accurate. Then click the “Apply” button.
You’ll be notified in your WorkAbroad.ph account about your application updates.
But wait! There’s more!
Recently, a WorkAbroad.ph mobile app is developed. Download it on your Android or iOS device.
Applications for jobs abroad is made easy. It fits right in your pocket. Check job postings everywhere you go with WorkAbroad.ph.
JobStreet.com is not only for local jobs in the Philippines. It is a recruitment website that also features works abroad.
As of today, the website offers over 12,000 job listings available outside the country. Take note that it is POEA approved.
Work opportunities presented are usually from the Middle East. It covers a wide range of specializations. If you’re in the field of engineering, construction, finance, services, manufacturing, hotel or restaurant, and healthcare, JobStreet.com is good for you.
The overseas job portal is almost similar to JobStreet’s online local job search facility. Do you know their only difference? Work location.
What are you waiting for? Build your profile at JobStreet.com. You can build the dreamhouse you and your partner wanted for a long time.
Start now by creating your account.
Online Registration for JobStreet.com
Sign up for JobStreet.com is free. Make sure you follow and complete these steps.
Step 1. Visit the official website www.jobstreet.com.ph. Click the “Free Sign Up” button.
Step 2. Fill up your personal information.
Accurately type your name, email address, and password. Then, click on “Sign Up.”
Step 3. Enter your basic information.
Make sure you complete all the fields. This part includes your job preferences needed for job matching purposes. After that, click on “Next.”
Step 4. Complete your JobStreet.com profile.
Provide your highest qualification and latest work experience. Click on the “Complete” button once done.
Step 5. Validate your email address.
A validation message is automatically sent to you. Confirm the email address so that JobStreet.com and employers can reach you.
- Look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Validate your email from JobStreet.com is the subject.
- Click on the validation link provided.
If you can’t find the message, try searching at Bulk, Junk or Spam folder in your mailbox.
Step 6. Set your job matches.
One way to be notified with the latest job opportunities is through LiNa Job Alert. It is an online job-matching system in JobStreet.com. It refines your profile creating more chances of being hired.
Follow these to create a LiNa Job Alert profile.
- Login to your JobStreet.com account
- Click “Home”
- Find “LiNa Job Matches.” Select “Add/Edit Profiles”
- Click on “Create a new job alert”
- Select your job preferences.
Step 7. Create your JobStreet.com Profile. A detailed profile is key to become shortlisted. You have two options to do it.
- JobStreet.com profile. Build your profile in an organized template.
With this, you won’t miss out on any information frequently sought by employers. It provides a good summary view of your profile.
- Uploaded Resume. Your resume is uploaded in a document form.
This gives you control over your resume layout. However, it is recommended that you complete the JobStreet.com Profile first.
There you have it. You now have an account at JobStreet.com. What’s next? Search for your perfect work abroad.
Steps for JobStreet.com Work Abroad Application
Determine your career goals and work scope before you apply. Start your search for work abroad like this.
Step 1. Explore job vacancies. There are different ways to do this.
- Search Job section. Type in keywords in the search box. You may also browse jobs by specializations, position levels, and locations.
- LiNa job matches. LiNa recommends relevant positions for you automatically. Find it on the Homepage of your account. It is also emailed on a daily or weekly basis.
- Check out the top employers. Select among these companies that have vacancies available. Apply to a job you’re interested in.
- Save a job for later. Don’t rush when applying. Have time to think about it before you apply. For now, save the job and revisit it later.
Step 2. Proceed to Apply.
Once you have chosen a Position Title, view the job advertisement in a pop-up window. Click the “Apply Now” button.
Take note that your JobStreet.com Profile and uploaded resume is sent to the employer. You may follow up on your application directly at the employer.
Step 3. Check your Application Status.
Applications can be found in the “Online Application” page. There are different application status.
- Received. The employer received your application.
- Profile viewed X time(s) by the employer. The employer viewed your JobStreet.com Profile.
- Scheduled for Interview. The employer scheduled an interview for you.
- Not Suitable. Your application and desired position do not match.
Step 4. Attend Interview Invitations.
An email or SMS is sent by the interview scheduler. Interview details will appear on your account. Remember the interview date, time, location and contact information.
Respond to the interview invitation. Click “Accept Invitation,” “Decline” or “Time not suitable” button as you see fit.
Applying for work abroad is easy if you organize your online account.
Moreover, it is more accessible thanks to the JobStreet.com Mobile App. Download this in your mobile device. Get your job abroad application one tap away.
Recently, a new international job site is discovered. Last 2015, OFWguru.com serves as another job portals for Overseas Filipino Workers.
Even though it’s still new, OFWguru.com is already recognized as a POEA-licensed recruitment agency.
An OFW can publish their resume for recruiters and employers to view.
Also, OFWguru.com educates job seekers abroad about life outside the country. Learn how to adjust to your new life abroad. Succeed in handling your career and finances.
Moreover, the website highlights real-life stories you can relate.
Isn’t it nice to have another for websites for jobs abroad?
Online Registration and Application Guide for OFWguru.com Work Abroad
What’s good about OFWguru.com is the easy registration and application process. It only takes three steps to finish your job search.
Step 1. Create an online profile. You can do it in two easy ways.
- Open the official website. Fill up your name, email address and password. After that, click “Next.” Provide all the necessary data accurately as needed.
- Connect with your Facebook account. The easiest and fastest way to register. Simply click “Sign Up with Facebook.”
Step 2. Filter the recommended jobs.
Once you’re in the online system, you can easily see the recommended jobs for you. It is all based on the details like skills and experienced you supplied.
Also, you can search for your jobs abroad. Choose the country you’re interested in and the job position. It is all posted on the website database.
Step 3. Send in your application.
After reading all the details about the company and requirements, decide if you’ll apply or not. Once decided, click the “Apply” button. It will automatically send your application to the recruitment agency.
Always be available. Your future employer may contact you at any time. It can thru call, text or email. Make sure you send your application to job hunters that fits your qualifications.
See! It only takes three easy steps to get hired. Thanks to this accessible websites for jobs abroad. Try it out now.
People say Kalibrr is similar to JobStreet. Wanna know why? Because they are known as a local job search website.
Nevertheless, what people don’t know is it posted job openings abroad. Yes, you read it right.
Kalibrr is also an online recruitment site built by Filipinos for Filipinos to work within or outside the country.
As of now, this website caters over 1,000 job hirings from Indonesia, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Taiwan.
So if you’re interested to work on those countries, get yourself an account at Kalibrr.
Online Registration for Kalibrr
Sign up at Kalibrr the fastest way. Take note of these steps to gain access to the website for jobs abroad.
Step 1. Create your online profile.
Fill up the personal information such as your name, email address, and password.
Afterward, read the Terms and Conditions. If you agree, tick the box. Then, click the “Sign Up” button.
Step 2. Pick your three job functions.
Choose your job preference based on the options given. Make sure you know how each job works.
For example, you preferred a Writer, Nurse and Customer Service.
Step 3. Specify your desired position.
For each job function, choose the specific job title you prefer. If you chose a writer function, specify if you want to to be a Copywriter.
If you prefer a nurse function, elaborate that you want to be a Hemodialysis Nurse. If you have Customer Service on your list, Medical Transcription.
If it is not posted in the options, you can type it in the search bar.
Widen your capability by choosing an appropriate position for you.
Step 4. Select Job Level.
Employers would like to know what level you want to be in. It all depends on your credentials and experience.
If your previous work is related to management, you may choose the supervisor level. But if you’re new to the job, simply choose No Experience or Entry Level.
Step 5. Identify Job Location.
Get hired at your preferred location. Choose the country, state, and city you wish to work. This way, Kalibrr can filter and recommend a job opportunity that fits you.
Steps for Kalibrr Work Abroad Application
Now that you have your own identity in Kalibrr, the next step is to apply for the job you wanted.
Step 1. Search for the job openings available. You can see the vacancies differently.
- Use the search bar. Just type in the position you desire and the country you prefer. A list of jobs available abroad will be shown.
- Sign in on your account. When you check your account, a list of recommended job hirings is posted for you.
Step 2. Select the job.
All your possible jobs in the future are posted. Choose wisely which one you actually think will fit. Read about the company and job description.
If it suits you, click “Apply Now.” Still thinking about it, select “Save” first. You can easily return to it once you checked all other work options.
Step 3. Verify your Details.
Check your resume and contact details uploaded in the system. Make sure that your contact number is updated. Your work experience and education are accurately written. Assess if you have uploaded your latest resume.
Step 4. Confirm your application.
With a thoroughly assessed profile, finish your application. This will notify the company that you’re interested in their job vacancy.
Keep your phone in hand for any possible communication.
No-fuss right? Kalibrr is your website for jobs abroad and local.
Do you want to become a seafarer? SeamanJobsite.com is what you need. It makes your sea-based job hunt a lot easier.
SeamanJobsite.com is specifically designed for aspiring seafarers. It has over 5,000 jobs worldwide. The database offers work from top maritime companies to licensed manning agencies.
Job opportunities are sorted by posting date, manning agency, rank and jobs with inter-island routes.
SeamanJobsite.com is like WorkAbroad.ph. Their only difference is that SeamanJobsite.com is sea-based while the latter is land-based.
Moreover, the website contains informative content to help seafarers manage their careers and finances responsibly. It is very applicable to every Filipino seafarers.
Are you an aspiring seafarer? you need to register on the site before you can apply for a maritime job.
Online Registration for SeamanJobsite.com
Unlike land-based jobs, being a seaman has less hassle for registration.
Your uploaded resume is no longer needed. Just focus on completing the online applicant registration form. This is very important because it serves as your online resume.
Once you have completed your registration form, you can start applying for sea-based jobs on the website.
Steps for SeamanJobsite.com Work Abroad Application
All the job hirings posted on the webpage are legit. It’s all up to you on which company you will apply to.
Step 1. Start your job search.
Hundreds of POEA-licensed manning agencies post urgent and latest job vacancies. Fulfill your ambition by selecting a suitable workplace for you.
Step 2. Attend your job interview.
Dress appropriately on your maritime uniform. Bring your documents and credentials.
Step 3. Undergo required maritime training.
Have the right skills set and knowledge. Accredited training centers provide this. Get your certificate when done.
Step 4. Submit all the documents needed. Send this set to your manning agency.
- Philippine Passport
- School credentials
- Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book (SIRB)
- Training Certificate
Step 5. Sign the contract.
Read all the details carefully before signing. Be aware of your rights, obligations, and benefits. Seek clarifications when needed.
Step 6. Complete the Medical Exam.
The seafarer’s medical examinations are very strict and meticulous. Always have a good physical condition. This includes your visual and dental health.
Step 7. Acquire your visa, work permit and OEC.
Your manning agency will process these essential documents on your behalf. Your OWWA membership, PhilHealth, SSS, and Pag-IBIG contributions must be settled as well.
Step 8. Attend PDOS.
Your Pre-Deployment Orientation Seminar is needed before you join the international crew. Learn about the maritime industry in the country. Also, be knowledgeable of the seafarer’s duties and obligations. Take note of the travel tips.
Step 9. Confirm Airline Bookings and Flight.
Before you join the crew, you need to travel to the country where the ship docks. That’s why your manning agency will purchase and book tickets for your destination. It includes your air, bus and railway tickets.
Step 10. Join the crew.
Start your new job smoothly. Your manning agency will pre-arrange the embarkation process. This assures you that you will go on-board.
Be guided accordingly on the process of sea-based jobs application. It all starts with your registration on the SeamanJobsite.com website.
Must-Dos When in Search for the Top Websites for Jobs Abroad
It’s not enough that you hear your friends and relatives advise.
You have to see for yourself if the online site is the best of the best.
While you’re in search of a partner company to your work abroad, follow the tips below.
- Read the website completely. The company name and profile must be believable. Look for the office location and contact numbers.
- Check the website design. All links and pages within the site must be available. Legitimate companies pay a huge amount of money for a well-crafted website design.
- Take note of the website’s invitation. Legal websites ask you to fill up an online resume. Also, you can send your resume through their email.
- Be cautious of company offers. There are instances of to-good-to-be-true offers. Nevertheless, some companies provide free accommodation and bonuses.
- Use search engines. Lookup for the company’s name, reviews and related topics. Be equipped with knowledge about them.
- Check the domain name of the website. The website security adds how legitimate and private your transaction and information will be.
- Report to authorities if needed. If you found any illegal recruitment activities, contact POEA and other law enforcement authorities.
You are seeking for the top websites. Therefore, you must take extra precautions. Avoid illegal recruiters.
Frequent Asked Questions
Below are the typical queries asked by online overseas applicants. You can check on the following if you have the same questions.
How can I identify illegal recruiters?
Illegal recruiters possess the following characteristics.
- Charges placement fee without an official receipt
- Promises instant jobs abroad
- Requires medical examination and training without a specific employer or contract
- Do meet-ups and transactions in malls or restaurants (not in their physical office)
- Makes house to house recruitment
- Does not provide all the employer’s information
- Does not ask the applicant to go to POEA.
- Uses tourist or visit visa instead of working visa
- Can not provide employment contact or working visa
- Recruitment personnel cannot present a company ID
- Asks the applicant to recruit other aspiring applicants
Be mindful of this. Avoid them at all cost.
How can I avoid illegal recruiters?
Now that you’re aware of illegal recruiters, you can avoid them at all cost. Do this.
- Do not apply at unlicensed POEA recruitment agencies.
- Deal with licensed agencies that have job orders.
- Do not deal with an unauthorized representative of a licensed agency.
- Do not transact business outside the agency’s registered address.
- Do not pay for a placement fee more than is allowed. Your placement fee should be equivalent to one month salary. The documentation and processing cost not included.
- Pay placement fee unless you have a valid employment contract and an official receipt.
- Do not be enticed by ads or brochures. Also, you are not required to reply to a Post Office (P.O.) Box. Never enclose payment for processing of papers this way.
- Do not deal with training centres and travel agencies that promise employment overseas.
- Do not accept a tourist visa.
- Do not deal with fixers.
What are the in-demand jobs abroad?
Wonder what are the sought-after jobs overseas? Here are the top 7 in-demand jobs abroad.
- IT Professionals
- General Work
- Construction or Labour
- Architecture or Interior Design
If you fall into any of these categories, you’re most likely to get a decent employer.
What do shortlisted applicants mean?
A shortlisted applicant means you have met the skills and capabilities required to do the job. It is based on the job and person specification that has been determined before you apply.
You become shortlisted after your application has been reviewed. This includes your Curriculum Vitae and Biometric data.
Can an OFW travel without an OEC?
Regardless if an OFW is a new hire or rehire, an OEC is required. Take note that all OFWs departing from the Philippines must get an OEC. It serves as your exit clearance. Without it, immigration will not allow you to leave the country.
Moreover, this document exempts you from paying travel tax and terminal fee.
Achieve your dream to work abroad. Look through these websites for jobs abroad and start your application. Remember to register first. Take note of the dos and don’ts tackled. Help your family and loved ones get as you seek a brighter future outside the country.