Asia United Bank Philippines
AUB started its long time banking service in the Philippines in 1997. By 2013, AUB became publicly listed and got universal banking status. Since it has been registered in Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in 19997, it started its operations as a commercial bank.
Now, AUB is a universal bank offering a wide range of financial services to individuals and corporations in various sizes.
Asia United Bank Credit Card
AUB Credit Card Credit Limit
It is smart to take note of your credit limit, but it will be foolishness if you think that you have to max it out. The credit limit is the amount determined by the AUB alone. Each bank has its own list of factors to decide the person’s credit limit, but usually, it includes your credit history, salary, and existing financial responsibilities.
The approved credit limit by AUB will be shared between the principal cardholder and the supplementary cardholder. It is best to exceed the credit limit. In the case of an overpayment, you need to settle the Total Outstanding Balance (TOB) as it will limit your use of the card.
AUB Credit Card Payment
AUB takes pride of its flexible payment options. It is true that a lot of Filipinos missed their payments because they sometimes forget their due dates or worst, their due date is way far from the payday.
To address this problem, AUB gives card holders of AUB Easy and AUB Classic to pay at their own convenience. Most banks decide the due dates, with AUB the cardholders will choose their own due dates and the amount to pay on that date.
How does it work?
- Choose the period of payments: monthly, twice a month, or weekly.
- Choose the exact day or date when to pay.
- Once a monthpayment= choose from 1st to 30th day of the month.
- Twice a month = choose from 15 payment due date
- Weekly payment = choose one day from Monday to Sunday
- Decide how much to pay each payment period
The amount will range depending on the type of credit card you are holding.
|Card Type||Choose your Minimum Amount Due|
|AUB Easy MasterCard||
|AUB Classic MasterCard||
|AUB Gold MasterCard||(Only for monthly) ₱10,000 to ₱19,000|
|AUB Platinum MasterCard||(Only for monthly) ₱20,000 to ₱200,000|
AUB Credit Card Approval
You can apply for an AUB Credit Card through an online application, personally in an AUB branch, or through the AUB Customer Service Hotline. Just like any application for financial services, the process will be faster if you can present the complete required documents and if you qualify the eligibility. Processing time may take 11 to 14 banking days.
AUB Credit Card Eligibility
- Age = 21 to 65 years old (except with AUB Easy MasterCard’s age limit which is 55 years old
- Required Gross Annual Income
- Must be either employed with a regular status with a registered company or a self-employed who has a registered business which has been profitable for at least a year.
- Must have at least one (1) landline phone
- Should have an active email address
AUB Credit Card Requirements
- Copy of any government issued ID
- For employed: Latest ITR (Form 2316), Certificate of Employment/Compensation or Latest three (3) months’ payslip
- For Self-employed: ITR (Form 1701, 1701Q), Latest Financial Statements or DTI Registration
AUB Credit Card Fees and Charges
- The annual fee is waived for life both for principal and supplementary cards.
- Interest Charge is charged only if you missed your payments. And even if you pay the Minimum Amount Due, if you don’t settle your balance on time, you will still be charged with the interest.
- AUB Platinum MasterCard and AUB Gold MasterCard is charged with a 1.60% monthly interest rate.
- AUB Classic MasterCard and AUB Easy MasterCard is charged with a 2.95% monthly interest rate.
- Late Payment Fee is charged only when have you failed to pay even the Minimum Amount Due on the due date.
AUB offers four credit cards here in the Philippines. Choosing a credit card is never easy and must not be taken lightly. If you are a beginner with credit cards, you must learn that credit card can either help you out financially or drag you to debts.
take note of the fees and charges so you won’t experience bill shock. Pay your cards on time and never spend more than your credit limit. A credit card is a loan in just one swipe. remember to charge only what you can pay.
If you are not confident to have a credit card, but you need to make an important purchase, you can opt to get a personal loan online.