Updated June 6, 2018
Filipinos love choices.
And BDO offers 27 credit cards to match various lifestyles, preferences and social inclinations. They are grouped in three BDO Credit Card Types: Basic, Premium, and Elite.
This way you can easily find the best BDO credit card fit for you. On the other hand, these plastic cards have certain terms and conditions you have to meet to enjoy its full potential.
BDO Credit Cards Types
BDO Basic Credit Cards
This type of credit card is recommended for applicants with Gross Annual Income of at least P180,000. This is the best option for beginners who are still learning how the credit card works.
BDO Premium Credit Cards
Premium credit cards are approved for applicants with Gross Annual Income of at least P420,000. The annual fees of these cards are usually higher than the basic card, but it has more exclusive benefits.
BDO Elite Credit Cards
The elite credit cards are for Filipinos who are earning at least P1,000,000 a year.
BDO Credit Card Online Application
Step 1: Take your time to choose the best BDO credit card that suits your needs.
You have three ways to find the best BDO credit card.
- You can click the feature “Suggest a Card for Me” on the BDo website. With a series of questions, BDO will assess the type of card with the right benefits, rewards, and features to fit your lifestyle.
- On the other hand, you can compare the cards side-by-side to easily see their annual fee, rewards, and benefits.
- Lastly, you can browse through the 27 credit cards based on their brands: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, JBC, UnionPay and Diners Club.
Step 2: Check if you fit the BDO credit card eligibility requirements.
- Credit card applicants must be 21 to 70 years old for the principal card. Supplementary cardholders must be at least 13 years old.
- Your salary must be at least P180,000 a year.
- Your residential or office address must be within the serviceable area of a BDO branch.
- You must also have at least one landline phone.
- Must be a regular employee or if self-employed with a profitable business for the past 2 years.
- Must be a Filipino citizen or a foreigner who is a permanent resident.
Step 3: Prepare the BDO credit card requirements.
- Proof of Income. If you are employed, you’ll need your COE and latest payslip for the last month. On the other hand, if you are self-employed, you’ll need your ITR, Business Registration, and bank statements for the last three months.
- Proof of Identification. Submit valid government-issued IDs.
If you have an existing credit card, you’ll need to provide a copy of credit card statement of account of the last 2 months.
Step 4: Fill out the online application form.
After submitting the initial online form, click ‘Proceed’ to take the BDO Online Assessment. Otherwise, click “Apply Now.”
Step 5: Check your BDO credit card application status.
You can easily find out if your BDO credit card application is approved or declined. Simply enter your SSS number or TIN.
Smart Ways to Use BDO Credit Cards
- For your security, make sure that you have signed the back of your BDO credit card. This is to easily identify that you own the card. Never let the card out of your sight during transactions and only deal with legal vendors online.
- Most Filipinos are scared of falling prey to identity thieves and fear that their card might accumulate big charges they will not be able to pay. If you suspect that someone else has been using your card information without your permission or if you had lost your card, report it immediately to BDO Credit Card Hotline.
- You will not be charged with any interest and penalty charges if you settle your credit card bills before or on your due date. Whatever you have purchased, they must be accurately reflected in your bill. Once you receive the bill, check for any discrepancies and report it to BDO.
- The credit card price of any items must be the same as the cash price offered, though a lot of stores offer discounts. Credit card simply works by “Buy Now, Pay Later” principle. You can also earn rewards and rebates with the use of the card, however, you must take time to read the fine prints carefully.
Credit cards are known for its rewards points, discounts and cash rebates, however, there are conditions to be met such as the minimum purchase requirements, buying from partnering shops and limited time offers.
And while it is fun to earn points and cash back, you must also know if they have caps and expiration. You have to take note that you also have to pay a yearly membership fee for the convenience it brings.
Related: 10 Worst Credit Card Mistakes That Leads to Debt
BDO Credit Card EasyPay Installment
Credit card holders can purchase any items such as gadgets, furniture, appliances, accessories or clothes and pay in 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 or 36 monthly installments for a minimum single/accumulated purchase worth of P3, 000. In case you purchased below the minimum required amount, you will have to pay in full on or before the due date.
BDO Credit Card EasyPay Installment Options
In case you have accumulated a large amount of credit card bills, you can transfer it to the BDO credit card account and gain a few months to settle the bill without incurring further charges and interest rate. You can take this time to pay your balanced amount, just do not be tempted to have more debts while you are still paying.
EasyPay Cash / Tuition Assist
You can use the credit card to pay for your siblings’ or children’s school fees. Let’s say you have already paid the fees, but you want it to be reimbursed, you can also ask for rebates. Just remember the minimum required charge amount is P5,000.
Your purchases can be converted into installments. In case the store you frequented does not accept payments in installments, you can use the card to get this advantage, however, this benefit has a limit as supermarket, gasoline service station, drugstore, and grocery purchases are not included.
BDO Virtual Credit Card
The BDO credit cards accounts are created with consideration on online shopping. Since fraud is very common with online transactions, you will be given a free Virtual Card which has a different card number from your real credit card. It is like having code name for your card.
This way you do not have to risk your credit card number every time you go online shopping. You can also enjoy exclusive online deals and installment payments when you use the BDO Credit Card.
BDO Credit Card Bills Payment
You can charge your utility bills through BDO Credit Card’s Charge-On-Demand. This way, you can go out of town without worries about your due bills. You can enroll multiple bills and let the BDO pay it for you, so you only have one due date to remember.
You can pay your BDO credit card bills through branch counters, eBanking, Phone Banking and SM Bills Payment Counters. Wherever you are, there is no excuse for not paying on time. Failure to settle your balance will incur interest rates and late payment charges.
BDO Credit Card Hotline
In case of complaints, clarifications, card loss, or any problem encountered, you must report it to the BDO Customer Contact Center at 631-8000 or to the Domestic Toll-free 1-800-10-6318000.
Credit cards can be useful, however, you will lose the benefits if you do not meet required minimum purchases and other needed conditions.
Also, you have to make sure that your credit limit is within your capability to pay. If you do not have much control over your shopping urges, it is better to ask for a credit limit.
On the other hand, if you still do not have a credit card and you have to do an immediate purchase, you can just get a personal loan.
Personal loans, like credit cards, gives you the ability to buy anything you need and want. Only, you are using real cash. Remember that we are still a long way to becoming a cashless country and personal loans
If you need cash for an important immediate purchase, you can get a fast cash loan from Cash Mart.