BDO Credit Cards Online Application
Updated December 2022
Filipinos love choices.
And BDO offers 27 credit cards to match various lifestyles, preferences, and social inclinations. They are grouped into three BDO Credit Card Types: Basic, Premium, and Elite.
This way, you can easily find the best BDO credit card fit. On the other hand, these plastic cards have certain terms and conditions you have to meet to enjoy their full potential.
BDO Credit Cards Types
Understand the similarities and differences between the various kinds of BDO credit cards. Then, choose which one suits your taste and needs.
BDO Basic Credit Cards
This type of credit card is recommended for applicants with a Gross Annual Income of at least P180,000. This is the best option for a BDO credit card for beginners still learning how a credit card works.
BDO Premium Credit Cards
Premium credit cards are approved for applicants with a Gross Annual Income of at least P420,000. These cards’ annual fees are usually higher than the basic card, but it has more exclusive benefits.
BDO Elite Credit Cards
The elite credit cards are for Filipinos earning at least P1,000,000 a year.
BDO Credit Card Online Application
Now you have a better understanding of the Basic, Premium, and Elite credit cards. For sure, you fall for one of these types. If you wish to pursue securing a BDO credit card in your wallet, follow these steps for BDO credit card application process.
Step 1. Take your time to choose the best BDO credit card that suits your needs.
You have three ways to find the best BDO credit card.
- You can click the feature “Suggest a Card for Me” on the BDo website. With a series of questions, BDO will assess the type of card with the right benefits, rewards, and features to fit your lifestyle.
- On the other hand, you can compare the cards side-by-side to easily see their annual fee, rewards, and benefits.
- Lastly, you can browse the 27 credit cards based on their brands: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, JBC, UnionPay, and Diners Club.
Step 2. Check if you fit the BDO credit card eligibility requirements.
- Credit card applicants must be 21 to 70 years old for the principal card. Supplementary cardholders must be at least 13 years old.
- Your salary must be at least P180,000 a year.
- Your residential or office address must be within the serviceable area of a BDO branch.
- You must also have at least one landline phone.
- Must be a regular employee or self-employed with a profitable business for the past 2 years.
- Must be a Filipino citizen or a foreigner who is a permanent resident.
Step 3. Prepare the BDO credit card application requirements.
Yes, you are eligible to be an applicant for a BDO credit card. So what’s next? Find out what are the requirements for BDO credit card.
- Proof of Income. BDO credit card requirements for employed need your last month’s COE and the latest payslip. On the other hand, if you are self-employed, you’ll need your ITR, Business Registration, and bank statements for the last three months.
- Proof of Identification. Submit valid government-issued IDs.
If you have an existing credit card, you’ll need to provide a copy of the credit card statement of account for the last 2 months.
Step 4. Fill out the online application form.
After submitting the initial online form, click ‘Proceed’ to take the BDO Online Assessment. Otherwise, click “Apply Now.”
Step 5. Check your BDO card application status.
Are you wondering how to check BDO credit card application status? You can easily determine if it is approved or declined. Simply enter your SSS number or TIN.
Smart Ways to Use BDO Credit Cards
It’s not enough that you have your credit cards ready to use in your pocket. If you really want to be wise with your finances, follow these tips on how to properly use your BDO credit cards.
- For security, ensure you have signed the back of your BDO credit card. This is to easily identify that you own the card. Never let the card out of your sight during transactions; only deal with legal vendors online.
- Most Filipinos are scared of falling prey to identity thieves and fear that their cards might accumulate big charges they will not be able to pay. If you suspect that someone else has been using your card information without your permission or if you have lost your card, report it immediately to BDO Credit Card Hotline.
- You will not be charged with any interest and penalty charges if you settle your credit card bills before or on your due date. Whatever you have purchased must be accurately reflected in your bill. Once you receive the bill, check for discrepancies and report it to BDO.
- The credit card price of any item must be the same as the cash price offered, though a lot of stores offer discounts. Credit card simply works by the “Buy Now, Pay Later” principle. You can also earn rewards and rebates with the use of the card. However, you must take time to read the fine print carefully.
Credit cards are known for their rewards points, discounts, and cash rebates. However, conditions must be met, such as the minimum purchase requirements, buying from partnering shops, and limited-time offers.
And while it is fun to earn points and cash back, you must also know if they have caps and expiration. You have to take note that you also have to pay a yearly membership fee for the convenience it brings.
Related Article: 10 Worst Credit Card Mistakes That Lead to Debt
BDO Credit Card EasyPay Installment
Credit card holders can purchase any items such as gadgets, furniture, appliances, accessories, or clothes and pay in 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, or 36 monthly installments for a minimum single/accumulated purchase worth of P3, 000. If you purchased below the minimum required amount, you will have to pay in full on or before the due date.
BDO Credit Card EasyPay Installment Options
You should never neglect your financial obligation with your credit cards. You must always pay it on time to avoid incurring fees and penalties. Luckily, BDO has various methods for this. But before anything else, you must access your BDO credit card check balance online. You can easily find it
In case you have accumulated a large amount of credit card bills, you can transfer them to the BDO credit card account and gain a few months to settle the bill without incurring further charges and interest rates. You can take this time to pay your balance, just do not be tempted to have more debts while you are still paying.
EasyPay Cash / Tuition Assist
You can use the credit card to pay for your siblings’ or children’s school fees. Let’s say you have already paid the fees, but you want them to be reimbursed. You can also ask for rebates. Just remember the minimum required charge amount is P5,000.
Your purchases can be converted into installments. In case the store you frequent does not accept payments in installments, you can use the card to get this advantage. However, this benefit is limited, as supermarkets, gasoline service stations, drugstores, and grocery purchases are not included.
BDO Virtual Credit Card
The BDO credit card accounts are created with consideration of online shopping. Since fraud is very common with online transactions, you will be given a free Virtual Card with a different card number from your real credit card. It is like having a code name for your card.
This way, you do not have to risk your credit card number whenever you shop online. Also, you can enjoy exclusive online promos from the BDO deals app and installments when using the BDO Credit Card.
BDO Credit Card Bills Payment
You can charge your utility bills through BDO Credit Card’s Charge-On-Demand. This way, you can go out of town without worries about your due bills. You can enroll in multiple bills and let the BDO pay them for you, so you only have one due date to remember.
You can pay your BDO credit card bills through branch counters, eBanking, Phone Banking, and SM Bills Payment Counters. Wherever you are, there is no excuse for not paying on time. Failure to settle your balance will incur interest rates and late payment charges.
BDO Credit Card Hotline
In case of complaints, clarifications, card loss, or any problem, you must report it to the BDO Customer Contact Center at 631-8000 or to the Domestic Toll-free 1-800-10-6318000.
Credit cards can be useful. However, you will lose the benefits if you do not meet the the required minimum purchases and other conditions.
Also, you have to ensure that your credit limit is within your ability to pay. If you have little control over your shopping urges, it is better to ask for a BDO credit card limit for first timer.
On the other hand, if you still do not have a credit card and have to make an immediate purchase, you can just get a personal loan.
Personal loans, like credit cards, give you the ability to buy anything you need and want. Only you are using real cash. Remember that we are still a long way to becoming a cashless country, and personal loans
If you need cash for an important immediate purchase, you can get a fast cash loan from Cash Mart.