How the Pag-IBIG Fund Membership and Contribution Works
- How Pag IBIG Fund works
- Who Can Be a Pag IBIG Member
- Step by Step Pag-IBIG Online Verification
- Five Easy Ways to Get Your Permanent Pag IBIG Number
- Pag IBIG Contribution Table
- How to Increase and Check Your Pag IBIG Contribution Online
Guide to Pag-IBIG Fund Benefits
- Step-by-Step Guide to Claim Your Contributions
- Step-by-Step Guide to Modified Pag IBIG II (MP2)
- Step-by-Step Guide to Pag-IBIG Housing Loan
- Step-by-Step Guide to Pag-IBIG Salary Loan
- Step-by-Step Guide to Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan
What is Pag IBIG Fund?
- Individuals (You),
- Industry, and
- Multi-Purpose Loans,
- Calamity Loans, and
- Modified Pag-IBIG II (MP2) programs.
Is HDMF and Pag IBIG the Same?
Together, they operating agencies to provide Filipinos the most affordable housing loans from the government.
Yet, on December 14, 1980, when Pag IBIG (as we now know it) was once again made independent from the NHMFC. Even now, Filipinos and government offices still use HDMF and Pag-IBIG Fund interchangeably.
Can You Be a Pag IBIG Member?
Being a Pag IBIG member is a practical step if you want to secure their future homes.
You can either be a mandatory member or a voluntary member.
Mandatory Pag-IBIG Members
- Private employee – You must be working in a private company and covered with by the Social Security System (SSS). Private employees must not be older than 60 years old.
- Household helper – You must be earning at least ₱1,000 a month by rendering domestic services. Included in this category are drivers, gardeners, cooks, and other similar jobs.
- Filipino seafarer – Upon the signing of the standard contract of employment, a seafarer must be a Pag-IBIG member. The foreign ship owner and the manning agency will act as the employer.
- Self-employed – Whatever your trade, business or occupation, if you are earning at least ₱1,000 and not over 60 years old, you have to be a Pag IBIG member
- Expatriate – Foreign citizens who are living and working in the Philippines are mandated to be a member of Pag IBIG.
- Uniformed members of Philippine National Police, Armed Forces of the Philippines, the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology, and the Bureau of Fire Protection.
- Government employees who are mandated by law to be covered by Pag IBIG Fund
- Filipinos employed by foreign-based companies.
Voluntary Pag-IBIG Members
Filipinos who are 18 to 65 years old and not mandated to be a Pag IBIG member can be a voluntary member.
- Non-working spouses unless they are engaged on a vocation or employment that is subject to mandatory coverage.
- Leaders and members of religious groups.
- Unemployed members who want to continue their membership.
- Public officials or government employees who are not covered by the GSIS.
- Filipino employees of an international organization or foreign government but has no administrative agreement with the Fund.
Step by Step Pag-IBIG Online Verification
Want to be a Pag IBIG member?
All eligible Filipinos can be a member and get a Pag IBIG number.
“How can I get my Pag IBIG number online?” you’d ask.
Nowadays, you can easily do it online in the comforts of your own home.
No need to join the crowd in a Pag IBIG branch. Just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Visit the Pag-IBIG Fund website
To start your registration you need to visit www.pagibigfund.gov.ph.
Scroll down until you see the “e-services” option.
You will be directed to the online services page where you have to choose “Membership Registration.”
Click on the image.
Step 2: Proceed to Online Membership Registration
You will be directed to the “Online Membership Registration” page.
The registration is only for new members who want to register their membership information. If you have no existing online membership yet, click the “Continue” button.
Step 3: Fill in your personal details
Key in your full name and date of birth.
If you do not have a middle name, don’t forget to tick the box “No Middle Name.” Do not type in N/A or Not Applicable.
Check if everything is accurate and has the right spelling before entering the captcha code.
Click “Proceed” if done.
Step 4: Fill in the details in the Application Form
Take the time to fill in all the needed information in your online membership application form. Make sure that you have filled in all the necessary details.
You will see eight tabs that you need to fill up:
- Member Info
- Other Info
- Employment History
- Member Category; and
- the Summary
Remember that the system automatically logs out if the page has been idle for 15 minutes. If this happens to you, you can just log back in and finish the application.
All of your information must be accurate. Key in the captcha and then click “Submit”.
Step 5: Save your Temporary Pag IBIG ID Number
Once you click submit, you will be directed to a new page where you can get your Registration Tracking Number (RTN).
This is your temporary Pag IBIG ID number which you can use to start tracking your registration.
You will also get a text confirming that you have finished your online application.
How to Get Your Pag IBIG Number (Paano kumuha ng Pag IBIG number?)
After online registration, you will only get a temporary number. This is why you have to request for your permanent Pag IBIG MID Number. Get your Pag IBIG number via text, call, email, or chat. But it may take two to three days for Pag IBIG to process your application and verify your personal details.
Here are five ways to get your Pag Ibig Number.
1. Send a Request via Text Message
To request for your permanent Pag-IBIG MID number, simply text:
IDSTAT<space>Your RTN<space>Your Birthday in MM/DD/YYYY.
Sample: IDSTAT 123456789123 12/24/1979
If you are a Globe or TM subscriber send it to 0917 888 4363.
For Smart, Talk n Text, Sun and Red Mobile users, send your requests to 0918 898 4363.
2. Talk to a Pag IBIG Customer Representative
You may also call (02) 724-4244 to talk to Pag IBIG customer services representative. This service is open 24/7.
Expect to provide your full name, mother’s maiden, birth date, and address. This is to verify that they are giving your Pag IBIG MID Number to the right person.
3. Send an Email
If you have an active email (Google/Yahoo), you may send your request to email@example.com. Don’t forget to include your full name, birth date, and address.
Another way to send an email request is to fill in the Email Us form in the Pag IBIG website.
Make sure that your contact number and email address are both active. You will receive a confirmation message acknowledging that Pag IBIG received your email.
4. Request Through Chat Support on Facebook
Pag IBIG now has a chat support system to assist its members. Simply follow Pag IBIG on their Facebook account. Send a private message including your full name (including your middle name), date of birth, mother’s full maiden name and your Registration Tracking Number.
5. Visit the Nearest Pag IBIG Branch
If there is a nearby Pag IBIG branch and you prefer personal assistance, then you can visit the branch. Bring a valid government ID for verification and faster transaction.
Pag-IBIG Contribution Table 2020
How much is the monthly Pag IBIG contribution? Is your company deducting the right Pag IBIG contribution from your salary?
Every employee, employer, OFW, and voluntary members must know the required monthly contribution. This way, you can maximize the Pag IBIG benefits when you need it the most.
How Much is The Pag IBIG contribution?
Your Pag Ibig contribution should be at least 1% of your monthly salary. Your employer will contribute an equivalent to 2% of your monthly salary. This is if you are earning less than ₱1,500 a month. Meanwhile, if you are earning more than ₱1,500 a month, your mandatory contribution is 2% of your salary but not more than ₱100.
Even if you are earning more than ₱5,000, the company should only deduct ₱100 as your mandatory Pag IBIG contribution unless you have requested to increase it. Your employer will contribute an equivalent to 2% of your monthly salary.
How to Increase Your Pag IBIG Contribution
Take note that you can voluntarily increase your Pag IBIG contribution up to P2,950. Simply tell your payroll or HR officer that you want to increase your monthly contribution and they will deduct it from your salary.
How to Check Pag IBIG Contribution Online
Pag-IBIG members can verify their paid contributions through four (4) different ways:
- Call Pag-IBIG Fund 24/7 hotline at 724-4244
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a personal message to Pag-IBIG Fund Facebook page at facebook.com/PagIBIGFundOfficialPage
- Personally visit the nearest Pag-IBIG branch
As of the moment, only Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) can check their contributions online. If you are an OFW, simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit the Pag IBIG website
Use a browser and make sure that you have good internet connectivity before you start.
Visit the Pag IBIG website and click the “e-services.”
Click the image of the OFW Member’s Contribution Verification.
Step 2: Type in your Pag-IBID MID number and name
Make sure that your Pag-IBID MID number and name are correct before you enter the captcha code and proceed.
Step 3: Click “View Membership Savings”
Check your contribution details. It includes the month and amount of contributions that you have made.
Benefits of Increasing Your Pag IBIG Contribution
You can get approved for a higher loan amount. While the mandatory contribution is only up to P100, you can request for an increase of up to ₱2,950. Let’s say you want to get a housing loan for a house worth ₱4 million. If you want to get a housing loan as much as ₱4 million, you have to pay a monthly contribution of ₱2,000 a month.
The same goes for Multi-Purpose Loans (MPL). The MPL loan amount is up to 80% of your total contribution. Thus, the more monthly contribution you pay, the higher the loan amount you can acquire.
What is Total Accumulated Value (TAV) of Pag IBIG Fund?
The member’s Total Accumulated Savings or TAV is comprised of the members’ monthly savings, employer counterpart share and its total annual dividend earnings.
When to Claim Your Pag IBIG Contributions?
Pag IBIG FUND guarantees to refund your total accumulated savings consisting of your overall contributions, the employer counterpart contributions, and the dividend earnings credited to your Pag IBIG account.
There are six circumstances when the Fund members can withdraw their contributions:
1. Membership Maturity
The membership maturity is based on the 20 years of membership from the date when the first contribution was made.
You must have remitted at least 240 monthly membership contributions at the time of membership maturity.
Now, 20 years is a very long time and many of us have had gaps when we are unable to pay for our Pag IBIG contributions. What should you do if you have contribution gaps?
- If your gap is two years or less. Simply pay for the gap and receive 100% of your Pag IBIG savings including the amount you have paid to cover the gap.
- In case your gap is more than two years, you are still required to pay for that gap before you can claim your savings. You can then withdraw your lump sum minus the money you paid for the gap. Wait for the period of time equivalent to the period of the gap to pass before you can claim the money you paid for the gap.
2. When Your Retire
Pag IBIG members are required to claim their Pag IBIG savings upon reaching the age of 65.
But in case of early retirement, you can also claim it under these circumstances.
If you are at least 60 years old, you can claim your Pag IBIG total accumulated savings but you have to provide a certified copy of your birth certificate.
If you had an early retirement at the age of 45 but not older than 60, you can also claim your Pag IBIG savings provided that you have:
- a Notarized SSS Certificate of Early Retirement (for private employee),
- a GSIS retirement Voucher (for government employee), or
- an Order of Retirement (For AFP).
3. Permanent and Total Disability or Insanity
The following disabilities are considered total and permanent. Having these will be sufficient grounds for the member to claim the Fund benefits.
- Continuously total disability lasting for more than 120 days;
- Complete loss of sight (both eyes);
- Loss of two limbs;
- Complete paralysis of two limbs (permanent);
- Brain injury resulting in imbecility or insanity; and
- Such other cases which are adjudged by a duly licensed physician and approved by the Board of Trustees.
4. Separation From The Service Due to Health Reason
There are times when members can no longer render work due to severe health conditions.
These are illnesses, injury, or physical and mental impairments that involve continuous care from a health care provider.
To claim your Pag IBIG savings, you simply have to present a Physician’s certificate with a medical abstract.
5. Permanent Departure From The Country
If you decide to permanently live abroad, then you can claim your Pag IBIG savings.
You will need to provide a clear copy of your Passport with Immigrant Visa or its equivalent and a Notarized Sworn Declaration of Intention to Depart from the Philippines Permanently.
In case a member dies, the Fund savings will be divided among the declared heirs as mandated by the New Family Code.
The claimant must provide the following:
- Certified True Copy of Member’s Death Certificate
- Proof of surviving heirs (must be notarized)
- Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate of Surviving Children
- Proof of relationship with the deceased such as Certified True Copy of Member’s Marriage Contract or Birth Certificate.
How to Withdraw Your Pag IBIG Contribution
Step 1: Prepare the basic requirement that you will need to claim your Pag IBIG Total Accumulated Value.
- Application for Provident Benefits (APB) Claim form.
- Two valid IDs or your PAG-IBIG Loyalty Card
- One valid ID of the member
- Special Power of Attorney (SPA) if you are a representative
Step 2: Visit to a Pag-IBIG branch
Visit the branch where your contributions have been consolidated. Pag IBIG currently has no centralized records. This means your contribution to one branch will not be recorded in another if you moved to another area unless you made a consolidation request to keep your records updated.
Make sure that you have consolidated contributions in the branch where you are submitting your form.
Step 3: Get your Provident Benefits Acknowledgement Receipt.
Once you got verified, the PAG-IBIG representative will issue you the Provident Benefits Acknowledgement Receipt. It will indicate when you can claim your check. You also have the option to have your claim credited to your bank account.
Modified Pag-IBIG II (MP2)
Want to invest your money at a lower risk?
If you are a risk-averse person, then MP2 may be a good idea to start saving money.
Pag IBIG 1 is the usual savings in Pag IBIG that will let you borrow a low-interest housing loan and salary loan.
Modified Pag IBIG 2 can be defined as a voluntary savings program that will mature after 5 years. It is designed to have a higher yield than the Pag-IBIG I membership program. However, this program is strictly for savings. You can’t avail a loan against your MP2 savings.
Benefits of MP2
- This is offered to active and former Pag IBIG 2 members with a regular source of income such as monthly salary and pension. Even OFWs and pensioners are welcome to enroll.
- The minimum contribution is ₱500 per month but you can also choose to make a one-time remittance.
- The contribution and earnings are guaranteed by the government. This means there is a lesser risk compared to other forms of investments.
- The MP2 monthly contribution has no limit. It lets you save as much as you want. But if you want to remit an amount exceeding ₱500,000, you have to do it personally or via a manager’s check.
- Unlike in banks, the dividends you earn in MP2 is tax-free. The average dividend is 6.9% but it has reached 8.11% in 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions on MP2
When can I withdraw my MP2 Savings?
There are two ways to claim the payout: You can withdraw in a lump sum after five years or choose annual MP2 dividend payout. This means you can withdraw the dividends yearly.
Can I withdraw my MP 2 savings before it reaches the five-year maturity period?
Yes, you can also withdraw your savings in a lump sum before it matures in cases of:
- Total disability or insanity
- Separation from service by reason of health
- Death or the member or an immediate family member
- Unemployment due to layoff and/or closure of the company
- Retirement (if a member is not yet retired)
- Critical illness of the member
- The OFW member goes back to the Philippines
Can I have more than one (1) MP2 Accounts?
Yes. Pag IBIG members are allowed to open multiple MP2 Savings Accounts.
What happens if I failed to withdraw my MP2 savings after it reaches the five-year maturity?
If unclaimed, your MP2 savings will continue to earn dividends but its rate will be the same a Pag IBIG 1.
After two years, it will no longer earn any dividend.
What happens if I skipped my monthly contribution to MP2?
If you skip your contribution, you can simply contribute more in the coming months. The savings will still remain under your MP2 account. And there will be no penalties.
Can I withdraw my savings anytime?
If you choose the annual MP2 Dividend payout and then you decided to pre-terminate your savings, you will receive your total savings but not the dividend you earned.
If you chose the compounding of MP2 Dividends (5-year maturity) but you suddenly want to withdraw your savings, you can only get 50% of the dividend.
How Can I enroll in MP2?
Submit the MP2 Savings Application Form to the nearest Pag IBIG branch. Do not forget to bring your valid government ID and passbook or ATM card of your nominated bank account.
How will I pay for my MP2 account?
You can remit to your MP2 account via these channels:
- salary deduction
- over-the-counter in any Pag IBIG branch
- Bayad Center
- Moneygment Mobile App
- Overseas Remittance
Pag-IBIG Housing Loan
Pag-IBIG Housing Loan is the most affordable housing loan for Filipinos.
In fact, regular members can borrow as much as ₱6 million. Moreover, Pag IBIG is prohibited by the law to increase its interest rate beyond 2% per year. Banks, on the other hand, do not have a cap on their interest rates.
How to Apply for Pag-IBIG Housing Loan
Buying a house is the usual dream for many Filipinos. It has become a status symbol showing that you are financially mature enough to handle such an extremely expensive purchase.
This is why you must be practical enough to get the most affordable housing loan available.
There are two ways to apply for a housing loan:
- Developer-Assisted means a developer assists you with your housing loan application.
- Retail is when a member applies directly to Pag IBIG.
Considering that you are reading this part of the article, we will assume that you are already a Pag IBIG member. If not, you have to register online first and satisfy the required number of contributions before you can proceed.
Step1: Know the Purpose of the Housing Loan
The Pag IBIG housing loan can be used for various purposes that involves a residential property.
- Purchase a fully developed residential lot not exceeding 1,000 square meters
- Buy a house and lot, condominium unit, or a townhouse inclusive with a parking lot
- Construction of a house on a lot you already own
- Home renovation that is expected to increase the value of the property
- Refinancing an existing housing loan Provided that the loan is not in default.
- A combination of the above-mentioned housing loan purposes. But it is only limited to the following situations:
- You have bought a fully developed lot not exceeding 1,000 sq.m. and you want to build a house on it.
- You bought a residential unit and you want to have it renovated.
- You want to refinance an existing housing loan and have your home renovated.
- You want to refinance an existing loan used to purchase a lot and you also want to build a home on it.
Step 2: Choose the Right Pag IBIG Housing Loan Program Based on Your Monthly Salary
Did you know that Pag IBIG offers two types of loans?
Affordable Housing Loan Program
The Affordable Housing Loan Program is exclusively offered to Pag IBIG members who are earning less than ₱17,500 a month.
If you are qualified for this housing loan, you can borrow up to ₱750,000 and enjoy an interest rate as low as 3% for the first five years.
Regular Housing Loan Program
Pag IBIG’s Regular Housing Loan Program is offered to Filipinos who are earning above-average gross monthly income. Under the regular program, you can borrow as much as ₱6 million with an interest rate as low as 5.375% (1 year) up to 10% (30 years).
There are three factors to determine how much you can borrow if you apply for the Regular Housing Loan Program. Pag IBIG will consider these four. The lowest value will be your loanable amount.
- The actual loan amount that you need.
- Your desired housing loan amount.
- The loan-to-appraised value ratio.
Step 3: Check the Pag-IBIG Housing Loan Eligibility Requirements
The Pag IBIG housing loan is available for Pag IBIG members who can qualify in these eligibility requirements.
- You must be an active Pag IBIG Fund Member with at least 24 monthly savings. You can pay the lump sum of the required 24 monthly savings to get qualified.
- The maximum age of the Pag IBIG Housing Loan applicant is 65 years old. You must not be older than 70 upon the maturity of the loan.
- Has a legal capacity to acquire a real property.
- Has a satisfactory credit check of Pag IBIG Fund.
- Has not defaulted previous housing loan from Pag IBIG.
- In case you have an existing housing loan with Pag IBIG, the loan must be updated.
- You must not have any outstanding Pag IBIG multi-purpose or calamity loan.
Step 4: Gather All the Required Documents and Fees of Pag IBIG Housing Loan
- Processing Fee:
- P1,000 upon the filing of the application (non-refundable)
- P2,000 appraisal fee upon filing of the application (non-refundable)
- P2,000 deducted from the loan proceeds
- Basic Housing Loan Requirements
- Duly accomplished Pag IBIG Housing Loan Application Form with recent ID photo
- Photocopy (front and back) of one valid ID
- Certified True Copy of the Transfer Certificate of Title (TCT). If you are purchasing a condominium unit, you have to present TCT of the land together with a certified true copy of the Condominium Certificate of Title (CCT).
- Updated Tax Declaration and Updated Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Vicinity Map
- Proof of income
Step 5: Submit All the Requirements to Pag IBIG
There are two ways to start your housing loan application to Pag IBIG:
Members can now start their housing loan application online through the Online Housing Loan Application (OHLA). Simply visit the OHLA website. Click on the “Click here to Apply.”
Then Log in with your Pag IBIG MID or RTN, first name, and last name. Enter the captcha code and click “Continue” to proceed.
Expect to be directed to the appointment page where you have to key in your personal information, loan request info, and your preferred branch that you want to visit on a set date and time.
Once you click “Submit” you will receive a confirmation letter containing your set schedule. You will also receive a text message with your reference number or Housing Loan Application Tracking Number.
Setting an appointment online is highly recommended to Pag IBIG members living in NCR where most branches are usually crowded.
If you live in other areas, you can just visit the nearest Pag IBIG branch even without an appointment.
If you live within NCR, you can personally file your Pag IBIG housing loan application at Servicing Department, 2/F JELP Business Solutions, 409 Shaw Blvd., Mandaluyong City; or at any Pag-IBIG branch offices.
If you live outside NCR, you can go to the nearest branch.
When you get there, make sure to do these three steps:
- Submit two copies of the duly accomplished application form together with the requirements.
- Pay both the processing and appraisal fees.
- Provide your receipt to the Loans Origination-Housing Business Center/ Support Division-Servicing Department/Members Services Branch servicing counter. Wait for the Housing Loan Application Acknowledgement Receipt (HLAAR).
Step 6: Receive Your Approval of Your Pag IBIG Housing Loan
It usually takes around 17 days before you receive your application status.
Once you receive your NOA you need to sign the loan agreements and complete the additional requirements.
If you fail to provide the needed additinal NOA requirements within 90 days , you will receive a Notice of Deficiency instead of a check.
How to Claim the Loan Proceeds at the Pag IBIG Fund?
Pag IBIG will give you a call once your check is ready for pick up. You will need two valid IDs to claim your check at the Cash-Disbursement Division-Loans Support Services Department/Members Services Branch.
You will need to bring 12 PDCs (post-dated checks) if you opt to pay your loan through post-dated checks.
In case you can’t pick up your check, your authorized representative must present a notarized Special Power of Attorney (SPA) and 2 valid IDs each of you and the representative.
If the loan purpose is to Purchase of Residential Unit, Lot Purchase, or Purchase of Lot and Construction of House, the seller can pick up the check.
Pag IBIG Salary Loan
The Pag IBIG Salary Loan or Multi-Purpose Loan is a program that provides financial assistance to Pag-IBIG members.
You can use it for minor home improvement, livelihood, utility bills, medical expenses, car repair, vacation, tuition fees, or new appliance and furniture.
How to apply for Pag IBIG Salary Loan?
Here are the steps to get a Pag IBIG Salary Loan:
Step 1: Know the Pag IBIG Salary Loan Requirements
- Any Pag-IBIG Fund member who has made at least 24 monthly contributions or savings.
- You must have made at least one contribution for the last 6 months
- If you have any existing Pag IBIG loan, it must not be in default as of the date of application.
- Have sufficient proof of income.
- Photocopy of at least two (2) valid IDs
Step 2: Find out How Much You Can Borrow
The qualified members shall be allowed to borrow an amount based on the following.
- Your desired loan amount.
- Loan Entitlement which is 80% of your Total Accumulated Value (TAV). Find out the total contributions made to your account and 80% of that will be your loanable amount.
- Borrower’s Net Take Home Pay (NTHP) or capacity to pay.
Step 3: Fill up the Multi-Purpose Loan Application Form (MPLAF)
- You can get the application form in any Pag IBIG branch or download from Pag-IBIG website. Duly accomplish one form.
- Complete the “Promissory Note” found at the bottom part of the form. You will need two witnesses to sign on the form. If your relatives will sign, make sure that their surname is different to yours.
- Accomplish the Certificate of Net Pay Details. This is found on the second page of the application form.
- If you are self-employed, you need a photocopy of your Business Mayor’s Permit, Commission Vouchers and other valid proof of income.
- Do not forget to attach a photocopy of payroll account/disbursement card/deposit slip. ]
Step 4: File Your Application Form to a Pag IBIG Office
Submit your completed application form and documents to the nearest Pag IBIG branch. You will be issued a Pag-IBIG Citi Prepaid Card. This is where your loan proceeds will be credited.
The processing time can take from one to two weeks. If your contribution records are not consolidated, it will take up to 23 working days.
Step 5: Receive your loan proceeds
- Borrower’s Pag IBIG disbursement card
- Borrower’s bank account through Landbank’s payroll credit system
- Check payable to the borrower
- Other acceptable modes of disbursement
Multi-Purpose Loan Interest Rate and Payment Term
The interest rate is 10.5% per annum. You can pay your Pag IBIG salary loan up to a maximum period of 24 months.
The start of your loan payment will be three months after you receive your loan proceeds.
If you are employed your company must remit your payment on or before the fifteenth (15th) day of each month. You can also pay directly to the fund via auto-debit arrangement, over-the-counter payment, and remittance to Pag-IBIG office.
How much is Pag IBIG 2nd Loan Amount?
Once you are able to repay six (6) monthly amortizations. You can be eligible to apply for a new salary loan from Pag IBIG. Your outstanding balance will be deducted from your loan proceeds.
Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan
The Pag IBIG calamity loan is cash assistance given to Fund members who have been devastated by unforeseen calamities like a flood, fire, typhoons, volcanic eruption and similar instances.
If your area is declared to be under the State of Calamity, you will have an opportunity to apply for a calamity loan.
You should file for a calamity loan within 90 days after your area had been declared to be in the State of Calamity.
How to Apply for Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan?
Step 1: Get to Know if You are Eligible
- Had at least 24 monthly Pag-IBIG payments
- Had made at least 1 monthly contribution for the last 6 months prior to the loan application
- Your area is declared to be in the State of Calamity
- If you have an existing Pag IBIG loan, your account must not be in default
- Has sufficient proof of income
Step 2: Secure the Calamity Loan Requirements
- Duly completed Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan Application Form (CLAF)
- At least two valid IDs
- Proof of income
Step 3: Submit the Requirements to any Pag IBIG branch.
Visit the nearest Pag IBIG branch and submit all your required documents. Make sure that all of your documents and copies and clear and readable to assure a smooth process.
The processing of your loan will only start if you are able to present the complete requirements.
Calamity Loan Interest Rate and Payment Term
Applicants can borrow as much as 80% of the total accumulated value (TAV). On the other hand, the interest rate is 5.95 per annum.
The loan can be paid over a maximum period of 24 months. You can start paying 3 months after you received your loan.
If you received the proceeds of your calamity loan in January, you can start paying on or before the fifteenth (15th) day of April.
You can also settle your loan in advance even before the maturity of your loan.
How to Ensure a Faster Transaction with Pag IBIG?
Over the years we always have the same sentiments: government processes are slow and it usually takes days to weeks before you can get what you request for. Pag IBIG is no exception. So how can you ensure that the processing of your benefits will be faster?
Always Submit Clear Copies of Documents
You may be able to present the complete paperwork, but have you check the readability of each page? The documents you pass to the Pag IBIG office are scrutinized to validate your information. Of course, this is to avoid identity thefts from claiming your benefits. If the copies of your documents are not clear enough, you might have to go back to submit better copies and this means you would waste your time and effort.
Check All Your Details in Your Application Form
Discrepancies in information can prolong the process of your Pag IBIG loan or your lump sum. Before you submit your application form, take some time to check the spelling of every information. It is also better to write in print than in cursive to avoid confusion in your spellings. Your “u” could look like a “v” if you are not careful enough.
Ensure Your Monthly Contribution Has Been Remitted
Pag IBIG loans have lesser requirements compared to banks but this facility is strict with the required number of monthly contributions.
If you are employed, you still have to check if your employer is remitting your contributions every month. Simply send an email request, a Facebook private message or call the Pag IBIG hotline to check your contribution details. You will also see how much more you have to remit to qualify for a loan.
Pay Your Existing Pag IBIG Loans on Time
Members who want to apply for a loan must not have a Pag IBIG housing loan, MPL or calamity loan account in default.
Whether you have a housing loan, salary loan or a calamity loan, it is important to pay your installment on time to avoid penalties and negative records as a borrower. Paying on time will increase your creditworthiness as well and will quicken your loan process.
Final Thoughts on Pag IBIG Funds
Evidently, the Pag IBIG Fund provides various opportunities to help us reach our dreams and have a better future. From a housing loan to a modified savings program and the salary loans, it can surely give us hope that someday we have a home we can call our own and enough savings to live comfortably during our retirement years.
To get the best out of your Pag IBIG benefits, make sure that your contribution records are always updated and consolidated. This makes your Pag IBIG transactions faster. Add to that, if you got a loan, be sure to pay on time to avoid penalties and other late payment charges. You will also find it easier to get another loan if you have good payment records for your short term loans.
Take advantage of the opportunities offered by Pag IBIG. Share about them to your families and friends so they can enjoy and optimize their Pag IBIG benefits too.
RELATED: Newest Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Benefits
Think this article is useful? Share it to your friends and family!