Updated April 3, 2017
Believe it or not, there are legit jobs you can do while staying at home to be with your kids.
Though a lot of women consider themselves as the modern-day working Filipinas, many are still choosing to leave their careers to take care of their families. While it is true that expenses do not come cheap (and will not get cheaper in the near future), many still think that taking care of children requires full-time attention.
However, as the kids’ needs arise, moms at home try to look for other options to earn money without sacrificing much of their time for their kids. Fortunately, there are now various online jobs moms can do while staying at home. Yes, you can actually earn online without leaving your own home.
Share this Image On Your Site
Online Jobs for Stay at Home Moms
Create your own online store
Filipinos are now getting used to online shopping. Instead of going to malls and walking around for hours just to compare prices, styles and other features, we can now just surf online and shop around within the comforts of our own homes.
Moms can take advantage of this growing trend by creating an account on various e-commerce platforms. These websites connect the buyers to sellers. Buyers can easily choose among various options and can directly contact the sellers. If you plan to sell something online, it is to your own discretion whether to trust the buyer or not. Many sellers opt to ask for payment first before sending their products.
What to sell online?
- You can sell items you have already used, yet still in mint condition. Many buyers buy secondhand items to save money, however, you have to make sure that you are giving the items at the most reasonable price. Others tend to overprice the things with sentimental value. You can also find legitimate suppliers and set up your shop for pre-orders. Cash on Deliver (COD) and meet-up in public places are the best when getting your orders from your supplier to avoid scams.
- You can also sell handmade items, baked goods and personalised stuff which can be bought as giveaways on special occasions such as weddings, christenings and first birthdays. Create a page on Facebook, Instagram accounts and pin photos in Pinterest to let people know what you are selling and how they can find or contact you.
Become a Freelancer
Being a mom at home does not mean you don’t get to use the skill you learned at school and in previous job experiences. If you have a special skill such as writing, designing, speaking fluently in another language and other technical knowledge, then you can work as a freelance.
How to become a freelance online
- Decide what you want to offer
- You just have to create a profile on various platforms such as OnlineJobs, Upwork, and Peopleperhour. You can also find sites such as Hitrecord.org which offers various challenges. If you are able to meet the challenge and it has been profitable, you can get paid.
- Be on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, and even Quora
- Offer your skills, describe what you can do and the number of hours you can work.
- Build connections by accepting jobs even with low offered prices at first. The more experience you gain, the more credibility you build and more clients will turn to you. then you can increase your price bit by bit.
- Find a social media group of freelancers offering the same service to get tips and more connections.
Teach English Online from Home
Filipinos are one of the favorite English tutors because we can easily learn English. While some companies require a personal interview, others opt to give Skype interviews if you can’t go to their office. To get the job, they usually require a stable internet connection, a computer or laptop, your teaching skill and ability to speak fluent English. Each class is usually 25 -45 minutes and the ages of students can vary.
Earn through YouTube
If you like to take videos of your hobbies or everyday life, you can try vlog. Take a video of you creating something, baking cakes, or giving tutorials on putting makeup and other stuff you enjoy doing.
With a Gmail account, you can set up your YouTube account in just a few simple steps. Then you can start uploading your videos. Make sure that you created a catchy title and put up some keywords for easy search. The keywords must be relevant to the content. Also, you should create a catchy username to be easily remembered.
How to Earn Money from Youtube Views
Share your video on other social media platforms and ask your friends to share it too. The more it is shared, the more likely it will be viewed by a wider audience. You can earn in two ways: with the number of views, your video gets and with ads. Allow YouTube to place ads in your video by checking the “Monetize with Ads.” Setup Google AdSense so you can see how it fares online. Click the Analytics option. If you get 15,000 cumulative watch hours in 90 consecutive days, you can apply for YouTube partnership. Note that YouTube is strict with copyright policy.
To have an idea visit Judy’s YouTube channel: itsJudysLife. Judy is a full-time Pinay mom of three girls. She posts vlogs about her family, her hobbies and charity events with her husband each day. As of April 3, 2017, Judy now has 1,496,562 subscribers and a total of 731,738,537 views
Create a free blog
- Share anything under the sun. Make it lively and interesting for a specific audience. Like in YouTube, you can earn with advertisements, sponsored posts, and by selling the blog site itself. You can accept payments through bank deposit, Paypal, or Courier Services such as 2Go, Palawan Express, LBC, Cebuana, Xend, and others.
- Ever heard of the viral online love story of Vince and Kath? Early this year a stay at home mom, Jenny Ruth Almocera, posted her story on social media as "Queen Elly". The story quickly spread like a wildfire and caught the attention of Facebook users. By March 2016, she was able to publish the story as a book for Php125 per copy. In 2016, it was adapted into a movie which even became an entry in Metro Manila Film Festival.
You don’t have to publish a book, though. If you think you have a story to tell, knowledge to share, or you just want to write about anything then get on it. Who knows you might just be able to sell your own e-books online.
Eager to start your online job?
You may need cash to set up proper internet connection or perhaps you need money to buy a desktop or laptop to work more at ease. Get it today from Cash Mart.
Visit Cash Mart’s website and start the smooth loan process you deserve.